This article will tell you how to reset a Vizio TV that won’t turn on in the easiest way possible.
Vizio is one of the most well-known brands of TVs on the market. This TV is great for your home theatre and gives you the best viewing experience.
Most of the time, you can manually reset the TV. But it seems hard to reset a Vizio TV that won’t turn on.
But it’s not impossible either. We’ll show you some very helpful ways to fix a Vizio TV that won’t turn on.
How to Reset a Vizio TV that Won’t Turn On:
There is a quick and easy way to reset your TV, even if it’s already off. Here are the steps you need to take;
- Pull the power cord out of the wall outlet where your Vizio TV is plugged in.
- Wait for the full minute.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 to 20 seconds on your Vizio TV.
- Plug the power cord back into the outlet on the wall.
This will turn off your Vizio TV and make it start over. If this trick doesn’t work the first time, you can try it another three or four times. Also, add 60 minutes to the time to properly reset your TV.
If your Vizio TV won’t turn on, there’s another way to reset it;
- Unplug your TV’s power cord from the back (not directly from the power outlet).
- Wait a full minute before you plug the power cord back into your TV. With this tip, you can reset your TV.
- Now, press the physical power button on your TV to turn it on.
- Don’t leave the power cord loose when you plug it in.
Make sure your Vizio TV is plugged in and getting power from the wall before you start the process.
- Press and hold the “CH+” and “CH-” buttons on your TV remote. (First, make sure that the remote for your Vizio TV works.)
- Press the power button once while you hold down the channel buttons.
- Now, press the “Menu” button. An “F” will appear in the bottom right corner of your TV screen.
- Press the “Menu” button again and again to bring up the “Service Menu.”
- Here is where the “Factory Reset” menu can be found. Press the menu button once more to keep going. If your Vizio TV won’t turn on, this will reset it.
Method 4: Reset the Vizio SmartCast TV
Using the steps below, you can reset a Vizio SmartCast TV that won’t turn on.
Find the “Input” button and the “Volume” button on the side of your TV.
Press and hold these two buttons at the same time for 10 to 15 seconds.
Next, a message will appear on your TV screen. Do what it says and hold down the input button.
This method will put your Vizio SmartCast TV back to the settings it had when it came out of the box.
If the power light on your Vizio TV is on but the TV won’t turn on, it means there is a problem with the software. But this can be fixed by turning the TV off and on again.
So, this article told you 4 ways to reset a Vizio TV that won’t turn on. Your problem should now be solved, I hope. Stay in touch with us so you can read more great articles.